Eurban designs, supplies and installs solid timber structures across all sectors: education, housing, commercial, cultural and community centres.
Eurban operates differently from most panel manufacturers. We are an independent engineering and contracting company who design and source materials on a project-by-project basis. Our services are split into three main disciplines and we offer these services independently or in combination:
Our team of specialist timber engineers provide structural engineering services to deliver innovative timber structures using a wide range of engineered timber components and systems. We design structures to EuroCode 5 and utilize the latest 3D modeling and engineering software as well as the latest CAD/CAM planning and production software. We offer the complete structural design and engineering service required to design, fabricate and install engineered timber building structures.
Eurban’s unique position as a leading specialist timber contractor, as well as engineer, means that during the collaborative process of design development, structural design decisions are made with full consideration for buildability, cost and programme. Involvement from a specialist timber engineer ensures construction phase risks are identified and mitigated early in the design stage.
• Confirmation of component sizing including stability systems and scheme calculations.
• System connection design and connection details, delivering air-tightness.
• Advice on system interface with other construction elements: cladding, internal linings, window, doors etc.
• Advice on fire design and associated calculations.
• Advice on acoustic linings and acoustic detailing.
• Advice on timber finishes and coatings.
• Full structural calculations for Building Control / Building Warrant submission.
Advantages of early involvement:
• Strengthens team integration and co-ordination of project-specific solutions rather than manufacturer-specific solutions.
• Develops a better understanding of the materials, the design and delivery processes.
• Reduces the risks associated with delivery for early cost certainty and programme.
• Assists appropriate and economic choice of materials and structural form.
• Encourages holistic design.
Electronic information and workflow:
Eurban uses the latest CAD/CAM technology which is compatible with the digital cutting technology of manufacturing plants. We are familiar with the use of extranet sites for the exchange of project-specific information.
The choice and selection of a material supply partner is an important decision for the design team. As a non-manufacturing supplier of timber products, Eurban is able to source materials from a range of sawmills and timber product manufacturing plants in central Europe. The knowledge we have gained in this field over the years, has resulted in our materials being supplied and sourced from a select number of manufacturers who are able to meet our high standards in terms of product quality and sustainability criteria. With regard to solid timber panels, we now only supply panels manufactured with edge glued (closed) faces, as these provide an increased performance for air-tightness and are better able to cope with British weather conditions. As of 2010, Eurban only supply materials bonded with non-formaldehyde adhesive. We also have a preference for integrated sawmill manufacturing plants that are local to the UK, and that produce and package by-products of the process on-site, thus reducing the environmental impact of transportation.
Eurban is the only UK contractor operating in the field of solid timber building structures with a fully trained, directly employed labour force. Our experienced installation teams help ensure a safe, efficient and high quality delivery on site.
We have an ongoing training programme for all our carpenters with our apprentice programme investing in specialist skills for each team.
Integrated Service – Design & Construct
As a consultant-contractor, Eurban is unique in its ability to offer clients a fully integrated service. By integrating design, supply and installation, Eurban are able to offer holistic and cost-effective design solutions to meet project-specific, brief and budgetary requirements.